Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA112 allow only outgoing calls

marcelwirtz
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

maybe a strange question but can i configure a Cisco SPA112 that way, it allows outgoing calls but don't answer incoming calls so other devices on the branch can pickup the call?

For better clarity i have to connect a door lock / door bell system with a SIP Provider and don't want to set it on an own branch with an own number (because it will cost me a monthly fee). So i thought to set this up as additional device on a branch, but now i have the problem the door system picks up every call on that branch.

Hope you can get what i want to try.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marcel Wirtz

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
SPA is an SMB adap. How are you using them ? What is the call agent ?

I use the SPA to get this thing

https://www.gira.com/en/tuerkommunikation/steuergeraete/audio.html

working with a SIP Provider. This door communication system calls a specified number if someone rings at the door and then you can press #0 (for example) to open the door.

Ok, so that is just the analog side of the termination. I believe you have the WAN/SIP directly connected to the ATA. Have you checked the dial plan on it and ensured that it is setup correctly ? Not sure if it has some restrictions built into it to reject calls but if the calls don't match a dial plan they should be just rejected.

Problem is as soon as i attach the device to a branch it gets all configuration via auto provisioning. So it gets the number it should accept from the SIP provider. Thought there is maybe a flag i can set to not pass through incoming calls to the analog side.

To be honest I don't have much experience with these adapters. The Admin Guide for this might have something else open up a TAC case.