cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM-8851 daysDisplayNotActive not working for weekends

chaser2001
Level 1
Level 1

I know there are several posts about this, but I've not seen any proper solutions. Just a couple of half work arounds.

I'm using the latest sip88xx.14-2-1-0201-40 firmware and have the phone connected to my Asterisk / FreePBX server, so I'm modifying the config by adjusting the SEMmac.cfg.xml file. I've got a SIP connection to my server, and that's all working fine. However, I want the display to come on every day (including weekends) at 07:00, and go off again at 22:30.  This is what I currently have in my config:

<daysDisplayNotActive></daysDisplayNotActive>
    <displayOnTime>07:00</displayOnTime>
    <displayOnDuration>15:30</displayOnDuration>
    <displayIdleTimeout>00:00</displayIdleTimeout>
    <displayOnWhenIncomingCall>1</displayOnWhenIncomingCall>
    <displayRefreshRate>0</displayRefreshRate>
    <daysBacklightNotActive></daysBacklightNotActive>
    <backlightOnTime>07:00</backlightOnTime>
    <backlightOnDuration>15:30</backlightOnDuration>
    <backlightIdleTimeout>00:00</backlightIdleTimeout>

However, this doesn't work, and the display remains off; both on Saturday and Sunday - the same as if using the default:

<daysDisplayNotActive>1,7</daysDisplayNotActive>

What is the correct configuration to get the display to be on for the specified duration at the weekend. Or is this a bug in the firmware that is preventing this from working? I don't have this issue with my older CP-7965.

If it is a bug, what is the likelihood of it being fixed???

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF this behaviour is not present in the 7975 but only present only when upgraded to 14.2(1) then I'm suspecting this is a bug.  

If the phone firmware gets downgraded, is this behaviour still present?

@chaser2001 wrote:
If it is a bug, what is the likelihood of it being fixed???

Without an "executive sponsor", slim.

@Leo Laohoo wrote:

If the phone firmware gets downgraded, is this behaviour still present?

That's a great question. I've just downgraded to 12.8(1) and the screen isn't going to sleep automatically on reboot of the phone (it's Sunday today, and the screens of those on 14.2(1) automatically go to sleep if I reboot those phones), so that does seem to have made a difference.

Edit: I've adjusted the On / Off times and it seems to be working nicely with this older 12.x firmware, so this definitely seems like a 14.x bug (I've tried various other 14.x versions, and they all behave in the same way).

I just need to find that elusive 'executive sponsor' to help with the fix on 14.x firmware :D.

chaser2001
Level 1
Level 1

Over this last weekend the phones on the 12.8(1) firmware woke up and went back to sleep at the correct time. The phones on 14.2(1) did not do this. They remained asleep all weekend, and only woke up again on Monday morning.

This definitely seems like a bug on the 14.x firmware. It would be nice to get this fixed on 14.x so users who need the phones to be awake during the weekends don't need to downgrade. Or at the very minimum have a method to make the development team aware of the issue.

Is there a method for bug reporting without having a service contract, and not relying on a corporate sponsor that does??? 

@chaser2001 wrote:
Is there a method for bug reporting without having a service contract, and not relying on a corporate sponsor that does??? 

Unfortunately, everything is against you.  The phone is connected to Asterisk.  No TAC engineer is willing to touch that combo.