Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Hunt-Group Dyanmic ?

Hello,

I have read a little bit about Dynamic ePhone Hunt Group Membership, but I am not sure that this is exactly what I need. I would like to achieve two things with a hunt-group configured in a Gateway for SRST purposes. Phones will register to a 2911 gateway in SRST mode.

1 - I want all the registered phones to be automatically members of the hunt group. Would it be possible to use wildcards to set the list (ex: 2...) or simply *, or do I have to specify them all ?

2 - I want all members to always be logged in the hunt group, and not be able to log out. If the "Hunt Logout" softkey is configured within' the CUCM IP Phone softkey template, will it automatically be configured in SRST mode, or do I have to specify a softkey template in the gateway that does not contain the hunt logout feature ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want hunt-groups, then you need CME-as-SRST, plain SRST does not provide anything besides phone registration and basic features.

The CME configuration guide has a chapter on SRST configuration with all the info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for the reply. Actually, we would like to keep using basic SRST feature (call-manager-fallback).

What I'd like to achieve is send any incoming call in SRST mode to either 1 random registered DN, or broadcast to all of them. I would prefer if we can avoid configuring alias to specific DNs. Is there anyway we can send the call to any SRST registered phone to the gateway, or to all of them with basic SRST, or the only way would be to configure a Hunt-Group with CME-as-SRST ?

Even if the my last supposition is true, and we do work with hunt-groups, is there any way to have all the registered phone automatically member of the hunt group, without configuring specific members that belong to the HG.

Thank you