cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Second line Call forwarding

dhirajachhra
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently deployed CME, on line 1 i can see Call Forward softkey, but on line 2 it does not appear.

Its SIP phone which i am using

Cisco 4431 VG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's right. CME Web admin/GUI does not have provisioning for SIP Phones. The only phones that will show up will be SCCP.

What you see is the expected behavior. You will only be able to set CFA for the primary line physically on the phone. From the CLI you can configure it for the other lines though.

If this is necessary and you have mobile users, you can look into setting up SNR.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesnr.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is expected behavior for most phones. You can forward the 2nd line on 8800/9900 series phones. A workaround is to allow the user to login to the web portal and change forwarding for the 2nd line from there.

Brandon

on CME, SIP phones can have that feature?

Which feature? I don't have a way to test a SIP phone on CME at the moment, but it is my understanding this should work with the phone models mentioned above. User portal will work as well.

Brandon

Does SIP phone have those capability, i though web admin access for end user not available if phone registration protocol is SIP

That's right. CME Web admin/GUI does not have provisioning for SIP Phones. The only phones that will show up will be SCCP.

What you see is the expected behavior. You will only be able to set CFA for the primary line physically on the phone. From the CLI you can configure it for the other lines though.

If this is necessary and you have mobile users, you can look into setting up SNR.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesnr.html