cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 12.5 Schedules

bstudebaker
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if anyone out their has some CUCM\CUC experience in a Retail Store solution, Specifically during COVID times but that doesn't matter much.

Store hours seem to be changing every week\month sometimes more, and then during the holiday season open/close hours change even more. Store hours are also different depending on where the store is located, because of this I had to make a separate schedule for each store (200+ stores across the US)

When I need to update the store hours this is currently a manual process of going into CUC, going to that stores schedule and updating the hours, this is becoming a pain and with more stores adding every year I don't see this issue getting less painful unless I figure out a new solution.

I know I can add a custom role to just give store managers access to just change their schedules but I would rather not give each store access to CUC to update their own hours, the main reason is I cant lock them down granularly to just their stores schedule.

I cant seem to find a real good solution for this, I am wondering if anyone else has run into this before? or if anyone has any good idea's or solutions to make this process smoother for the stores and myself.

Thanks,

Bill

5 Replies 5

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Bill,

Not sure what kind of solution you are hoping for. Someone has to update the schedules, there's no way around it.

I guess the best solution is to have a custom-built application developed that pulls automatically the store schedule from somewhere and that updates the store schedules in Unity accordingly using the Cisco Unity Connection Provisioning Interface (CUPI) API https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/REST-API/CUPI_API/b_CUPI-API/b_CUPI-API_chapter_0110000.html

I know someone or something has to update the schedule, I'm just hoping for any type of better solution than manually going into CUC to update it.

The solution you propose would be great!....now I just need to learn how to use REST-API's...or hand it off to our Dev team to figure it out.

I'm also just trying to reach out to anyone in a similar situation to see what their solution was.

I wish Cisco would develop a GUI interface where a "Greetings Administrator"(Store Manager) can log into to update Greetings and Schedule's, or maybe add it into the Self Care Portal?

There is no way I'm the only one out there that has run into this pain point.

Thanks,

Bill

Just as an Example Twilio has an IVR solution where you can send a text message to update "open/close" hours, and all sorts of other things.. I could go down that road but it doesn't make sense unless I'm using Twilio for a bigger reason just because I hate updating store hours.

Hi,

The feature is called Holiday / Calender management. This feature is available in Cisco IVR Products like UCCX, CCE solutions with roles defined.

As you mentioned for small scale CUC can able to handle with some limitations as you mentioned.

I would suggest you to explore IVR solutions e.g UCCX. that can cater your needs...
*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Ya UCCX is overkill, CCE would be way overkill..... Just not sure why this feature cant be added into CUC....