cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Common patititon

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

I have recently upgraded from 10.x to 11.5 SU2, after the upgrade the common partition is at 90% disk space. I have tried the several documented methods to lower down the consumed disk space:

• Lower the Low/High water marks on rtmool
    • it doesn't lower bellow 89%
  • Delete all the trace files via rtmtool remote browse
    • The same as the high or low water marks, it doesnt go lower than 89%
  • Resize the Vm HDD to increase the same
    • Resize is done successfully but common partition diskspace doesnt increase using the show diskusage common cli command

I have tried to search for some bugs regarding this but so far  i have found nothing on 11.5 concerning this, i have at least 2 deployments that have this issue one with common on 90% and one at 70%,

Also there seems to be no disk cleaning cop file available on cco for cucm 11.5, so i am wondering of someone else is hitting this issue on 11.5, one obvious solution would be to rebuild the entire cluster from a DRS backup, but doesn't seet to be very practical doing this every time on an upgrade even using pcd.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can try using the cop file mentioned earlier. 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The cop file [ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.1.cop.sgn] is singed with RSA V2 keys. And 11.0 and above does not support V2 keys anymore. So, a new ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.2.k3.cop.sgn is posted on CCO which is signed with V3 keys.

Either you can try using ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.2.k3.cop.sgn or delete the logs from CLI of CUCM. Try below commands

Find this below link helpful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13219816/upgrade-cucm-version-105-115-bug-id-cscu150066

HTH 

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

i have tired the commands stated in the post:

file delete inactivelog cm/trace/*/*/*/* noconfirm

file delete inactivelog cm/trace/*/*/* noconfirm

file delete inactivelog cm/trace/*/* noconfirm

file delete inactivelog cm/trace/* noconfirm

file delete activelog cm/trace/*/*/*/* noconfirm

file delete activelog cm/trace/*/*/* noconfirm

file delete activelog cm/trace/*/* noconfirm

file delete activelog cm/trace/* noconfirm

but it doesnt real change the partition consumption still at 90%, the cop file doesnt exist for version 11.5, i have also checked the release notes  from the cop files:

the last version of the cop i could find in cco is in version 10.5

ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.3.k3.cop.sgn

I will try to use the cop frm 10.5 on version 11.5 and check, since per bug CSCus97405 it seems to be supported.

Yes, you can try using the cop file mentioned earlier. 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal

So, After running the ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.3.k3.cop.sgn  file i was able to clear the common partition to 40% usage.

I have done this with 2 different clusters 1 with a 80G HDD OVA Template and one with 110G HDD OVA Template. On both the cop file from ver. 10.x worked on version 11.5 and clear the common to normal consumption values.

What is interesting is that it seems that the inactive partition having the old version of cucm is the root cause of the problem, and this information is not visible when we issue the cli command "show diskusage common" which  should show all the files on /common