cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM from BE5000 8.6.2 to BE6000 11.0

dlkoch
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working a migration from a BE5000 8.6.2 to a new server BE6000 11.0 preloaded.  This will be Unity and Presence and CUCM and trying to figure out the best path to take.  I have the BE6000 in a lab environment so I can configure it with all the same IP addressing as the BE5000.  We have 250 users and trying not to have to manual input of the database. I can see that the BE5000 can only go to 9.1 and that would mean that I need to downgrade the 6000 to do any export or import.  Any suggestion would be welcome.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way to do that is using BAT, or manually, there is no other way to get the info out of CUCM 5K to a standalone or BE CUCM, for CUC, use COBRAS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes I saw that DOC and since I was at 8.6.2 and not 9.1 wasn't sure is there was a another way. and since my BE600 is already at 11.0 I didn't want to downgrade it if I didn't have to..  and If I use the BAT would there be issues with the versions so far apart.

The doc recommends the latest release to try to export as much info as possible, from a tech point of view, you could do the same on 8.6(2) or any other version.

Well, you *can* BAT between versions, but it will not be as easy as export / import (which is why the doc says to have the same version on both servers), you'll have to massage the data into the 11.x format before the import. That's a manual process you'll have to do if you want to use BAT.

HTH

java

So is there a DOC that shows the 11.x format that I would show the differences from 8.6.2 that I need to change so I can use BAT?

You'll need to configure a few things in 11.x for reference, and then do an export to have the exact format that is used in each release, to then compare and massage the data as necessary.

HTH

java

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can refer to the attached document for BE5K to BE6K migration.