cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desk Phone supporting Speech Recognition

Aaron Dhiman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts, we have a visually impaired user that doesn't use a PC and requires a desk phone that supports Speech-enabled call-control.  One idea is to give him a phone that has a single button active on it for calling out and connect that via Speed Dial to a custom Contact Center script that supports Speech Recognition and executes dials for him, but that may end up costing too much.

Is anyone aware of any devices or custom apps, maybe for the DX650 that might work?

Thanks,

Aaron

2 Replies 2

Aaron Dhiman
Level 1
Level 1

As an update, I tested out the UCnxn Speech Commands with the Voice Menus, and I was able to accomplish most of what I need; however, I could not get dialing by number to work, only dialing by PCA Contact.

For instance, when trying to dial out to the PSTN via "call 9-5-7-1-5-5-5-1-2-1-2" it wouldn't work.  I think I got it to dial 4 digits once, but not a full phone number.   Does anyone know if that is supported?

rm760
Level 4
Level 4

Have you asked the user if they can dial the phone directly?  Most desktop phones have a dot or differentiating feel to the 5 key so the visually impaired can find the center of the keypad and dial by feeling.