cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 - Directory search & call dials Directory URI instead of extn

majeed002
Level 1
Level 1

DX650 phones are registered to CUCM version 10.5.  CUCM is integrated with LDAP for user database.  User information in LDAP has both telephone number & directory URI details.  Directory search works fine in all phones.  But when the searched user is called by selecting the user, directory URI information is used for calling in DX650 phones.  Since the searched user has to be reached via PSTN, the call fails.  Directory number is used in other types of phones for the same scenario and the call connects successfully.

I understood that the DX650 uses directory URI as first preference.  Is there a way to change the preference to use the directory number first or is there a way to disable directory URI for DX650 phones.  Or is there an option to disable URI dialing completed in the CUCM as the URI is not used in this setup.

I configured LDAP directory attribute for directory URI to none.  Even after LDAP sync, the users still have the directory URI information in CUCM and hence the calls fails for the same reason.

Your help on this appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Majeed,

I haven't tested it but can you remove the directory uri information from the Directory number configuration page for DX650 on cucm and then try making a call.

Directory URIs

Primary URI Partition Advertise Globally via ILS Remove

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

This may not help.  I would like to do one of the following to address this issue.

• Make DX650 to use extension instead of directory URI during the directory search call.
  • Disable Directory URI dialing at the CUCM cluster level.

Is there a way to do it.

The other option which I can do is to not to sync directory URI information from LDAP.  I setup the LDAP directory configuration to none for directory URI.  But still the directory URI information is still seen in the user information in CUCM even after multiple LDAP sync.  I need to troubleshoot this further.

Hi Majeed
actually if you want to disable it totally you can simply set the Directory URI to none and press full sync now, just give it some time to sync all users, then you will find that there will be no URI directory.