cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - Can I call the Logged out DN?

pauldunlevy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have an office that has different users in it at various times. I'd like the uses to be able to log in to Extension Mobility and get all of their own calls but also take calls on the office number - ie, the logged out number of the desk phone - a 7940G.

I have just put a second phone in there for the time being, but it seems like a waste if I can get the phone to answer calls on the logged out DN and users DN at the same time.

Is that possible?

Thanks for any help

Regards,

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Paul,

Ok now i understand. That is not possible.

But the user can forward the calls to the Extension Mobility profile DN before they login.

Regards,

Marcel Ammann

Von meinem iPhone gesendet...

Am 17.12.2010 um 16:36 schrieb "pauldunlevy" :

Marcel Ammann,

A new message was posted in the Discussion thread "Extension Mobility - Can I call the Logged out DN?":

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3251486#3251486

Author : pauldunlevy

Profile : https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/pauldunlevy

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Paul,

yes that is possible.

1. Create a new phone button template with a second line for your phone on the Device Profile

2. Add the phone button template to the phone  on the Device Profile.

3. Add the "Logged out DN" to the second line

Then you can call the "Logged out DN" if the user is logged in or you can call him on the "Logged out DN" if the user is logged out. This is a shared line config for the cucm.

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot for the reply, that sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

I'll give that a try as soon as those pesky users stop coming to my desk and asking me to do stuff for them

Thanks again,

Paul.

Hello Paul,

that sounds good!

Please rate helpful posts!

Regards,

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Unfortunately that didn't work. As soon as I log in the users device profile overrides the 2nd line. I've removing any Association Info for the 2nd button from the users device profile but it still overwrites the DN on that button when you log in.

Thanks for the help anyway,

Paul.

Hello Paul,

Ok now i understand. That is not possible.

But the user can forward the calls to the Extension Mobility profile DN before they login.

Regards,

Marcel Ammann

Von meinem iPhone gesendet...

Am 17.12.2010 um 16:36 schrieb "pauldunlevy" :

Marcel Ammann,

A new message was posted in the Discussion thread "Extension Mobility - Can I call the Logged out DN?":

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3251486#3251486

Author : pauldunlevy

Profile : https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/pauldunlevy

That's a pity, but thanks very much for taking the time to reply anyay.

Paul,

Why don't you configure at the User device profile level, the "Call Forward Unregistered" settings of the specific user to point to his colleague phone DN ?

It means that if a user is not EM logged on a phone, any call to that user will be forwarded according to the "Call Forward Unregistered" settings.

Regards,

Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the reply. It's not logged out users I'm trying to redirect. I want any user who is logged in to a specific physical device to recieve calls to the same DN. For example if user "John" is at his desk he only gets calls to his own ext (4321) but if he goes to a particular desk (let's call it the store room) he will get all his own calls for 4321, but also the calls to the store room on 1234.

If another user takes over for John on his days off, they should be able ot get all of their own calls on ... say 4567 ... and also 1234.

At the moment we use 2 phone to do this so I was hoping there was some way to inherit a number fro a device into the EM profile, but Marcel doesn't think so.

Hope that's clearer?

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

This feature doesn't exist.

Regards,

Pierre.

Thanks anyway Pierre.