cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility CC Experts wanted! - CUCM/CUC PIN Sync, CSCva90531, CUCM 12.0 - URL use DN or Service ID instead of User ID

Rich Tuttle
Level 4
Level 4

We are looking to add Extension Mobility as a feature available to our users. We are currently on version 10.5.2(SUx) for both Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Communications Manager. We share a Cisco Unity Connection cluster/pair with 2 CUCM Leaf Clusters via SME. 

Questions I have for those who are using the latest improvements to EM. 

1. The documentation I have reviewed doesn’t state if CUC can sync PIN with two CUCMs that share it as a resource via SME. Has anyone deployed this or know if it's supported?

2. There is an open caveat CSCva90531 – “PIN Sync does not work with CUC when changing PIN from a phone with EM.” It’s fixed in version 12.5 which isn’t GA. Will any versions of 11.5 get this fix/enhancement or is it required to upgrade to 12.5?

3. CUCM/CUC Version 12.0 introduced a new service Uniform Resource Locator(URL) enabling an enhancement for EM allowing Primary DN and Service ID as login IDs for EM. Will this be included in a update 11.5 or is an upgrade to 12.x required?

Any other tips and tricks welcomed. I have deployed it in the past, but it's been awhile. I feel the PIN sync between CUCM/CUC is pretty big. Also, any recommendations on 3rd party solutions that make the user experience better without the requirement to upgrade to 12.5 are welcomed. 

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can tell you because of #2 this feature has been completely useless in current state, in fact since CUC is the master DB for sync you cannot even use EM for users without CUC voicemail.  So, if this in fact gets resolved in version 12.5 I might give it another look. Typical example of feature being pushed out too early.