cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward to a Variety of Other Phone Voice Mail Accounts (one at a time) Problem

derek.andrew
Level 1
Level 1

In general, we are pleased with the way CUCM 7 and Unity (Connection) handle calls, so we do not want make any global changes as that would upset those depending on current practice. We do have one tiny problem which seems hard difficult to solve.

We have one "emergency" number on phone A. Which we forward to phone B. If B does not answer, we want to get the voice mail of phone B. Also,  we want to do this at the end of every shift, meaning to a different phone B. Each phone B has voice mail, but it may be on any of several different unrelated voice mail servers, (Unity, Unity Connection, Lynx, Asterisk, and even a cell phone.) This variety of voice mail servers means we cannot use CUCM Voice Mail Profiles nor Unity Alternate Extensions.

In other words, we want call manager to direct the call according to the voice mail profile of phone B, and we want the voice mail system so see the phone number B. This would need to be done within CUCM before sending the call to any voice mail system. Currently, the voice mail system is getting the number of A from CUCM.

So, how do we tell CUCM to provide phone B's number as the destination to the voice mail server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I'm sure I've had this issue previously and we fixed it by change the setting on the SIP trunk going towards voicemail (Lync, Asterisk etc). 'Outbound Calls', 'Calling Party Selection' change it from 'Originator' to 'Last Redirect Number'

Hope that helps!

Matty

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I'm sure I've had this issue previously and we fixed it by change the setting on the SIP trunk going towards voicemail (Lync, Asterisk etc). 'Outbound Calls', 'Calling Party Selection' change it from 'Originator' to 'Last Redirect Number'

Hope that helps!

Matty