Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard. Conference bridge config. issue

IdontNeedNick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to configure hardware conference bridge on Cisco Router 2800. Router has 2 BRI ISDN card and PVDM2-16. I am not able to configure max sessin into dspfarm profile because only option for max session is 0 !!!

I have enabled dsp services dspfarm into voice-card.

For BRI ISDN line i need 4 PVDM2 channels. Why i can't use another 12 channels for conf bridge.

If i try to configure transcoder on the same router I am able to add max sessiom 5 .

What can be the problem?

Regards,

O

9 Replies 9

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

This is because you cannot configure dsp sharing for hardware conference bridges with pvdm2's.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

You want to say that I can't use the same PVDM for voice and hardware conf bridge ?

This is not the rule for transcoder ?

O

Chris is right on the spot, a DSP can only have one FW loaded at any given time, so it's either TDM termination/XCODE (which if you think about it, are basically the same thing) or CFB.

You cannot mix the functions in the same DSP. Since you only have one DSP this means you need to choose what you need to use it for.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your quick replay...

Regards,

Sinisa

Imran Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have similar issue. I even put 2 PVDM2-8 but still I do not get the option of any conferences. I only have one T1 card with 3 channels.

Thanks.

Can you post "sh run" and "sh inv"?

Chris

Attached is show run and show inventory.

Thanks.

Add:

voice-card 0

dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm

HTH,

Chris

Ah, I got confused between changing the DSPs and typing all the config. Thanks a lot for your help.