cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7942 user

darald.novak1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7942 at my workstation. How can I set it to roll calls to voicemail?  I have my mailbox set up and greeting set up. Any calls that come in ring eternally unless I answer. Each time I return to my station I find several 'missed call' notations but never any voicemails. How does one turn on the voicemail feature?  Cisco said that since New York State does not have a contract they cannot answer this simple question.  I have a copy of the Cisco Unified IP Phone Guide Manager 8.0 and scoured it for instructions related to turning on the voicemail feature. Nothing.  Maybe I missed something?  Maybe the maintenance people in my building have to do this ?  No one seems to know.  Anyone out there have any ideas?  Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Feedback forum is dedicated to other topics. See description for details. I will move the thread to more appropriate community.

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming you have access to CUCM's CM Admin:

Device / phone / search by Directory number and select the phone / go in the phone's directory number

In the DN:

Go to Call Forward and Call Pickup Setting

Check Voice Mail checkbox on all Forwards except "Forward All"

You can also change No Answer Ring Duration in seconds.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no idea what the first three lines of your reply refer to.  I have a Cisco IP Phone 7942 and the user manual. There is nothing in nthe user manual relating to activating or turning on the voicemail feature. No one else here knows how to do it although all of their phones have the voicemail feature active.  The simpler the problem, the more convoluted and arcane the solution I guess.  So here is my stupid question: What is CUCM's CM Admin and how do I get access to it?  In the last 3 weeks I have had 45 missed calls and no voicemails so I am batting 1.000

So you are a user, not an admin, what you are asking is an option only available in the server where the 7942 registers itself. As a user you cannot change ith through the phone's menu.

Do you have a phone system administrator? If yes you should contact him and ask him to transfer unanswered calls to the voicemail. If he doesn't know how, maybe my last message can help him.

If you do not have a phone system admin, where does your phone registers?