Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones 8864 or 8865 - No Audio Issue

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

When a call is made to 8.XXX.XXXX x1145 from a video phone on the A end in this case an cisco 8865 with x2222. The call establishes with auto attendant on the B end and then presented to the end user at x1145. The B end user picks up the call and does not hear anything so hangs up. The A end call disconnects. A call made to the same B end user completes successfully from any other phone i.e 8851.8841.7841.7821. The issue only seems to happen when using a video phone.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Quintin.Mayo wrote:

Hi,

When a call is made to 8.XXX.XXXX x1145 from a video phone on the A end in this case an cisco 8865 with x2222. The call establishes with auto attendant on the B end and then presented to the end user at x1145. The B end user picks up the call and does not hear anything so hangs up. The A end call disconnects. A call made to the same B end user completes successfully from any other phone i.e 8851.8841.7841.7821. The issue only seems to happen when using a video phone.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

What do you mean by this? what "auto attendant"?

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Is A and B on the same CUCM cluster or different? Is A on a CUCM and B external, i.e. the SIP ITSP network?

Is the 8865 phone on the same subnet as the 8851, 8841....etc phones? If different, you've likely got a routing issue (or firewall, or NAT) which you can prove by disconnecting the 8865 and connecting an 8851. If you have the same result, it's a network problem. If it's a different result and it works, it's something possibly phone specific, but some debugs and CCM traces, packet captures (assuming A and B is internal) etc would need to be carried out to dig deeper. If it's an external call, collecting debugs such as debug ccsip messages from your SBC / CUBE would be useful. Taken debugs for your "working" call and debugs for your "non-working" call and post them here if you need some help.