Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA refusing to add second Manager to the Assistans

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

I had functional IPMA for years on the system spanning from 11.X to 14 (latest). Single Assistants are both connected to Multiple managers, and sometimes single Manager has multiple Assistants. Everything was working fine, until we did upgrade to 14 (part of which was rebuilding the cluster (BARS), because there was no space left on active partition, and we had to use larger OVA)

From then on, IPMA still functions, but If I want to do a particular configuration change (adding second manager to the assistant that already has one Manager), I get the following error (on hitting "save" in Manager Configuration):

Add failed. Cannot insert a null into column (ipmauser.pool).

we tried to rebuild the database on cluster with no improvement, as well as taking RTMT dumps for IPMA not showing anything helpful. We also tried configuring it through BAT, but again, only first user was configured, while the other wasn't.

Any suggestion is welcomed

Goran

1 Reply 1

A_
Level 1
Level 1

Had this, too. Workaround: Issue is, that in the database table ipmauser attribute pool cannot be null. I looked into the DB:

run sql SELECT pool FROM ipmauser

In my case it was always 1 for other assistants.

So before I submit the formular in CUCM (save button), I changed the HTML in my browser and added following line into the select html tag with id ASSTPOOL

<option value="1">MyManualEntry</option>

It will be saved then.

But just to be sure: This is not an official workaround.