cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with 8861 Registering

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Currently looking into an issue w/ some new 8861 that won't register successfully to a CUCM running 10.5.  CUCM has other 8861s that are registered successfully and has a device default firmware of 12.8.  The new 8861s shipped with newer firmware(14.x), but upon connecting to the network, they download the older firmware, seemingly register briefly w/ CUCM (I can see the active and inactive phone load as well as the ip address of the phone), but then they go into a loop or detecting network and trying to register.  

If we go into the settings on the phone and do a reset all, the phone seems to reboot and register and stays working, but if it loses power it goes back to the registration loop.  The fact that it can register should rule out the cnf file not being present I think and since it downloads the old firmware I would think tftp is working properly on the 2 servers (Pub and a single SUB, defined by IP in CUCM and not dns hostnames).  From looking at the console logs on the phone it looks as though the phone keeps having an issue w/ the network, even though a known-good phone works connected to that same interface on the switch.  Option 150 seems to be set correctly and the phones reside on the same vlan as CUCM.  

I'm going to try statically assigning an ip to a phone and defining the CUCM manually, but was hopeful for some other ideas.  

1 Reply 1

First of all, CUCM 10.5 is an end-of-life (EOL) version. The latest CUCM version is 15 and you should upgrade your CUCM as soon as possible.

Cisco phones have a minimum release version that they need to work properly which Cisco Mention them on the phone carton. Make sure you are using that version or higher. If you don't have it on your CUCM, download the new firmware to the CUCM and ensure that the phones use the new firmware and not the old one.

Response Signature