Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber opening in softphone only mode

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Am looking at an installation at the moment that I didn't do, I can't find anything wrong with it but it doesnt work properly.

if you sign in using name@domain.com and allow the client to do proper service discovery, you only get phone services, no IM.

If you manually enter the name of one of the IMP servers in the "Advanced" configuration, everything works fine.

We are using a cisco-uds SRV record that comprises all of the call managers in our environment.  The UC Service profiles are all correctly configured with IMP, CTI, and voicemail servers.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was the Jabber client installed to be phone only?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

nope. No installer arguments at all. AS I say, when i go advanced config (before sign in) and select IM&P and put in a presence server FQDN for the server address, it gives full functionality.

Its just when I let it do auto service discovery it doesn't like it and comes up phone only.   The IM Tab is just completely missing from the client!

My first thought was that the IM service profile was missing from the UC Service profile or configured incorrectly, but it isnt....