Views
Helpful
Replies

limit the number of outbound PSTN calls

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Background information:

A school district will have 8 PRI lines with two gateways (4 PRIs on each gateway) at their data centers. These PRIs will provide the centralized PSTN connections for all 80+ schools. Each school will have local gateway and FXO lines for SRST only.

Technical requirement:

They want to limit the number of outbound/inbound PSTN calls allowed for each school. Bell Canada will take care of the inbound calls by configuring the number of calls allowed on each DID (school main number). We know that the Location feature on CUCM can limit the number of IP calls on WAN link but that would be both inter-site internal calls and PSTN calls in this case. How can we limit the number of outbound PSTN calls for each school?

Thanks for your helps!

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

I think locations is the way you probably want to go for this.  I would create a 'Gateway' location and then define the amount of bandwidth that is allowed between gateway and each of the school sites to restrict the number of calls (assuming a certain codec) that can be placed through the gateway.  It should look something like this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

How are your gateways registered? 

They could be either MGCP or H323.

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

I think locations is the way you probably want to go for this.  I would create a 'Gateway' location and then define the amount of bandwidth that is allowed between gateway and each of the school sites to restrict the number of calls (assuming a certain codec) that can be placed through the gateway.  It should look something like this.

Thanks John. I think what you suggest is the right solution.