cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Group Skip Member

Chris Huras
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way that a user can be skipped if they are on the phone when apart of a line group? I've got a department setup on a hunt pilot that uses a line group with the top down algorithm. The problem is sometimes it needs to go through a few members before a user that is not on the phone is reached. The manager is not liking this as the customer could be ringing for 60 seconds before it either gets picked up or goes to voicemail. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think that you would need to make sure that the directory number that is in use and is a member of the line group is seen as busy when on a call. This would be done by setting the busy trigger on the directory number to 1. With this the directory number should be excluded from the call distribution if it is in an active call.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I think that you would need to make sure that the directory number that is in use and is a member of the line group is seen as busy when on a call. This would be done by setting the busy trigger on the directory number to 1. With this the directory number should be excluded from the call distribution if it is in an active call.

Response Signature

That was it! Thanks Roger!

Perfect. Glad it worked out for you. ':-)'

Response Signature

If the user is on a call on the line that is in the line group, it will skip them if you are using Longest Idle algorithm because a line has to be "idle" for it to be considered for the hunt. For Top-Down, Circular and Broadcast, a DN that has not yet reached its Busy Trigger is considered "Available" and hunt calls will hunt to them.

If the user is on a call that is on a different line (as in on a call on a second DN assigned to that device) then CUCM will hunt to the DN that is in the line group regardless of the algorithm and you can't change that behavior.

Maren