Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lockdown Cisco 840

I am deploying some Cisco 840 wireless phones for the first time and we want to lock them down so they are just a basic phone.  We don't want them to have the play store or any apps really.  The only document I can find seems to show me how to do this on WebEx but we have an on prem deployment so not sure if this works for us.  Has anyone done this before?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Leo Laohoo - The OP was looking for a solution other than Webex as he has on-prem. I don't see information on there for locking down the 840's with an on-prem deployment. Am I missing something?

Maren

I have not deployed these myself, but I think you are looking to deploy a Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Alternative Configuration" file to the phones. If I'm reading things right, you do use the 'configure' website that @Leo Laohoo referred to in order to generate the file. And in the hardware config section at the bottom of the phone configuration page there is a field that will tell the phone where to go get that file.

I hope that's helpful. If not, let us know and I'm sure someone will have done this.

Maren