cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac address problem with CISCO phone 3905 (all zeros)

Hello:

I have a problem with my cisco phone 3905.....one day i lost the registration of phone to the CUCM (version 11.0), i checked  all the parameters of the phone in the CUCM, everything was ok. Then i started to check the phone itself, the ip address and the tftp were ok but i saw that the mac address of the phone changed to all zeros (00:00:00:00:00:00) i dont know how it happen ( the phone doesnt present any damage at all) .....i tried to do a factory reset to the phone multiple times with the same result....the mac address is still all zeros

Please I would like to know your opinion of why this problem happened (to take action about it and do not happen again) and if there is any solution for it....

Best Regards

5 Replies 5

avillaverde
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Any solution?

avillaverde
Level 1
Level 1

Try this.

conect to the device by telnet. then see the log and view witch file is downloading frop tftp server sepxxxxxxxxx.xml 

the 'x' is the mac of the device configured at call manager. find the device in the call manager and filldown de field "Phone Load Name" with othe firmware. For example if the default firmware is CP3905.9-4-1SR2-2 try to put a previus version like CP3905.9-4-1SR1-3

Apply the config at call manager and wait at telnet to view if the device try to download de firmware specified at CM.

i tried load different firmware versions(CP3905.9-4-1SR2-2 --> CP3905.9-4-1SR1-3 --> CP3905.9-2-2-0 --> CP3905.9-2-1-0) but this is not work. the device is downloading from tftp server SEP000203040506.cnf.xml

Any ideas?

Hello good day, I have exactly the same problem with my CISCO CP-3905. how did you solve this problem?

centercredit.kz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all! I have the same problem. Please, help