Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Resources on CUBE HSRP/High availabilty Mode

RAVIKUMAR J K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Would like to know how we can configure and utilize DSPs on both the CUBEs when running in High availability HSRP.

We have tried to configure but the DSPs on secondary CUBE do not get registered on CUCM.

Read couple of blogs which state we will not be able to utilize DSPs on both the CUBEs.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's the expected behavior, only the resources from the primary CUBE will register, meaning any calls that are using them when a failover occurs, will be torn down.

You want to have a 3rd ISR with those DSP resources so that only the RTP is sent to the CUBE.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks jaime.

Any cisco document you could suggest me to go through on this?

Thanks

To go thru what???

HTH

java

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the intent is to register the media with CUCM or CME, one option is to define another interface on the CUBE routers i.e. loopback with unique IP address and bind the SCCP protocol to this interface rather than the inside interface, this way you should be able register both.

Chris,

That won't work, I spent some days discussing this with the BU, and the CUBE HSRP docs already mentions that is not possible

Loopback addresses with HSRP are not supported, the SIP bind command must use the HSRP virtual IP address.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/112095-cube-hsrp-config-00.html

There have been some enhancements, but only for LTI transcoding, but in regards to SCCP resources, and I just confirmed this 3 days ago, this remains the same. Their recommendation stands, use another ISR for DSPs.

HTH

java

I am no talking about HSRP for the loopback, but simply having loopbacks defined on each router for the SCCP purpose. I get that it may not be supported as are many things that work :-) Just trying to provide alternatives.