cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from SPA112 to ATA191 But Just Can't Get the ATA191 to Work

khavusr
Level 1
Level 1

So as subject states I'm trying to replace an old SPA112 with a new ATA191 and I've 'mirrored' my old settings in the new unit and did notice that there are a few more new settings in the ATA. But, having mirrored the settings, the ATA191 won't register the connected handset (the LED for phone won't go on and only flashes quickly 3-times) and can't figure out why is so.

So hoping for a few pointers what I'm missing out and what to check to get the ATA191 to work.

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You have left out the most importing infos:
Are you using CUCM or any 3rd party PBX?
Are you using Enterprise ATA (only for CUCM) or an MPP ATA (for 3rd party PBX)?

khavusr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using MPP ATA as I'm using local 3rd party PBX from regional ISP who doesn't support SIP provisioning (well at least not for the ATA-19x). So when using the SPA112 towards the same 3rd party PBX provider I've just configured everything manually and got it to work but as stated, mirroring the settings to the ATA-191 didn't do the trick and I've obviously missed out something which needs to be configed to get the unit to work.

I would recommend to use ata 192 which is MPP versions as your provider is third party SIP.

Response Signature

Are you saying that it's not possible to utilise the ATA-191 to replace the SPA-112 which is actually what Cisco's EOL documenent recommend as replacement unit? Also, to my understanding the ATA-192 only has an extra network port so not sure what else would be the difference here?