cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No audio when making and receiving calls.

jos557
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am currently running CUCM 14, when I dial voicemail or dial another extension I get no audio, I checked the Call Statistics on my IPBlue Phone it says there are 0 bytes being received, the strange thing is when I place the call on hold it says there are bytes being received and I get audio, here's a video to show what is going on with the call audio.

Thanks, Joseph.

6 Replies 6

No or one way audio is almost always caused by no routing of traffic between the endpoints in the call. The RTP stream, aka audio, will flow between the devices that are part of the call, only signaling goes between the device and CM. So signaling traffic successfully passes as the call proceeds. When the call is set on hold the media will be coming from the music on hold server(s), ie from one, or more of the CMs. This works because the devices can communicate with CM. You’re likely problem is that traffic cannot flow between the endspoints that is part of the call.

Response Signature

From the video you shared i can hear MOH audio, when you place the call on Hold MOH will get played from MOH server which can be any one of your CUCM servers and that the reason you see RX packets.

Kindly verify your network routing, one way audio issues are mostly  due to network route problems. I assume your network has only permission to reach CUCM servers and other server Like unity and phone subnet are blocked

Response Signature

I'm using Cisco Sandbox Lab with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and I'm not sure if it's either my network or Cisco's network blocking it, I'm a newbie here.

I had the same issue with one-way audio.  Updated the network drives for the PC's and got full audio connection.  I have a Dell laptop

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I know this is an old post, but one-way audio issues could also be due to an expired cert on the phone.  The 79XX phones, which your screenshot shows, only have a 10 year cert on them.  Depending on your network you might need to disable dot1x on the phone and setup a MAB in ISE (or whatever you use for authentication) for the MAC or MAC range (or device types).

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

mike.brackett
Level 1
Level 1

I was referring specifically to the use of the IPBlue Phone shown in the picture.