Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR with Shared Line on CUCM 10.5

actualabhishek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring PLAR to provide one touch solution to reach WebEx. My plan is to configured line 2 on all 6000 phones and assigned extension number 12345678 and set line test label "WebEx". I have tested it on few phones and its working as expected. As soon line 2 is selected, call to WebEx is connected. My PLAR setup looks good.

My concern is since I'm using single extension 12345678 on all 6K phones as shared line, so is there any limitation for number of simultaneous calls to WebEx from each phones.

Suppose if one phone is connected to WebEx using new line 2 PLAR setup, does it allow other phone to connect to WebEx using same shared PLAR extension.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhi

5 Replies 5

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
I think adding a Speed Dial would be a more elegant solution here rather than adding a shared line on on 6000 phones, There are no limitations on adding speed dials, tested looks like 200, but for 6000 shared lines every call you make the sheer volume of signalling would be overwhelming and would add to the CPU usage.

Considerations for shared line:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/sizing.html

Configuring Speed Dial:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/20042-speed-dials.html

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Hello Aeby,
Thank for your Input. I agree using speed dial is ideal solution, but I am not using it because Speed dial will use line 1 for WebEx call and Line 1 is PSTN. I am configuring Line 3 Shared PLAR so that call will be routed to WebEx immediately using SIP trunk. Mainly this solution is to provide one touch solution to reach WebEx and as well as cost saving on PSTN.
FYI each Phones and UDP currently have 2 line. Line 1 PSTN and Line 2 CUG (SIP). But as a normal habit users always select line 1 to make all kinds of outbound call.
I am creating this setup, so that user will see "WebEx"on there phone Display and psychologically will press WebEX that will use SIP trunk instead of PSTN.

Thanks,
Abhi

Hi Abhi,

Maybe I am missing something but can't you just manipulate how the call goes from both the lines, so for example you can make a 12345678 pattern in pt z which always routes to a SIP Trunk and assign that to the CSS of the phone or both the lines, When the SD is pressed it should always go out via the SIP trunk irrespective of the line being used.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Hello Aeby,
I am not sure if you know about DOT regulations in India. But as per DOT we have to keep PSTN and CUG (VOIP) seperate. So we cant make any changes on existing setup, otherwise it would need regulations approvals. Also If I provide same CSS on both line than everyone can do conference between PSTN and VOIP which is illegal in India.
Can you suggest how many simultaneous calls from shared line on different devices could be made at a time.

Found This:
The absolute maximum number of calls per line appearance is 200. In some of earlier versions, only one device can have active calls for a shared-line appearance with multiple devices. In other words, if one device has an active call, no other devices can use this shared-line appearance to make a new call. Also, it cannot receive an incoming new call, or resume an on-hold call. The new feature in Cisco CallManager 11.x allows all devices with a shared-line appearance to be able to make or receive new calls or resume held calls at the same time.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/45705-multiple-calls-ccm-4-0.html

I'll also recreate and see if you can do something else other than using a shared line.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby