Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help with the connection to the phone CP-6941

P-etr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CP-6941 phone and I have done a network and security reset and also a factory reset.

Now I would like to connect to the phone using the web interface and do the configuration.

When I enter the IP address of the phone into the browser of the computer, a message appears that it cannot connect. DHCP is enabled on the phone, the phone and PC are on the same network and the subnet mask is also the same.

Please advise how to connect to the phone?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That’s now how this works. Devices that run what is now referred to as enterprise firmware compatible with CUCM/CME, including the 6900 series, must be configured by XML file; the limited web server is read-only status and log file downloads. The web server is also disabled by default unless enabled through the XML file. Cisco call control products generate and serve these files to the phone automatically. If you’re attempting to register it with something else, eg Asterisk, you will need to research how to manually build an XML file and serve it to the phone by TFTP.

Only devices that run Multi-Platform Phone (“MPP”) firmware can be configured with 3rd-party call control platforms via the local web server. Look for 6800, 7800, and 8800 series with “3PCC” or “3PW” in the SKU. For example, CP-8851-3PCC-K9=.

Thank you for the quick response.
So there is no way to connect to that phone to set it up?
A friend has a private server for IP telephony, and I wanted to familiarize myself with this technology and try to set up my phone and connect it to the server.
Is there any way to get software (CUCM?) from Cisco for non-commercial use to set up the phone?

Cisco Partners have access to a Not For Resale program but outside of that I'm unaware of a free (and legal) option. If you have access to a bootable ISO you can install and run it in a lab during the 90 day grace period; however, the admin interface will go read-only after that point and you would need to reinstall. Cisco has to pay royalties to others - underlying vendors (e.g. database) and patent pools - for every installation; there is no free lunch, as the saying goes.