cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about LEDs for mute and unmute microphone on a Cisco SX20

telecom09
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco SX20 microphone LED is only active on a call. In standby mode, no LEDs are displayed on the touch panel or microphone.

Is there any settings to display the red or green lights on the mics and touch panel also in the standby mode?

5 Replies 5

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This behavior was changed in recent CE8 software.  The problem was that the LEDs on the microphones and Touch 10 are pretty bright, and this was an issue in a hospital environment when the endpoints were idle.  For that reason, the microphone LEDs are not lit up at all when the codec is in Standby or not in a call.

Since there is by definition no audio being transmitted when the codec is in Standby or not in a call, this is not seen as a user issue.

Thanks for your answer but......

I do not share this statement with you. On our systems we have in the audio settings under Microphones "Mute Enabled" to True. With this setting, the LEDs always light up in standby mode. When I set the "Mute Enabled" setting to InCallOnly, the LED lights up green in standby mode and can only be changed to red in an active call. in one of my SX20 the LEDs but only green or red during calls otherwise no lights are on.

Hello - I am not able to reproduce the behavior you describe.  On a Room Kit Plus, if I change Audio Microphones Mute Enabled to InCallOnly, my LEDs still do not light up when I am not in a call.

I would like to reproduce what you describe.  Which endpoint were you using and which software version?

The behavior of the lights has changed a couple of times in the software releases.  The different behavior that you are seeing on the endpoints could be because they are running different software versions.  Try updating them all to the same software release (CE9.1.4 is the latest released version as of the date of this reply) and they should all behave the same if configured the same.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

amr_saudi99
Level 5
Level 5

we have both SX20 and MX700 in our office and both have the same behavior where the mic light only works during a call .. when our SX20 was on software 6 then the light was on all the time .. but after we upgrade it to CE7 and CE8 then the MX700 and SX20 don’t have light during standby mode ..

my i know why do you want the light to be on all the time?? personally i think having the light only on during a call is much better and more environmental friendly.