Views
Helpful
Replies

quick code for answering a call on a cisco 7911g

christinewatt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

we have cisco phones throughout our office and our main lines ring and ring and ring.  I want to be able to answer the incoming calls from my office when I hear it ringing and wonder how I go about this.  Is there a * code that can be used?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Use pickup groups in your CUCM. Normally people use Pickup softkeys once you configure your pickup groups.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03cpkup.html

If using CME use **5 plus extension number

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmefacs.html

I am afraid none of that makes sense to me!  what is a CUCM amd how do I configure a pick up group.  The guidance online is very complicated and not for us simple minded people.

Thanks for your help

Christine

Hello Christine,

Maybe you have to explained your architecture first.

the answer of Gonzalo Gasca Meza involved that you have a Cisco Unified Call Manager in your environment. You can also have a Cisco Unified Call manager Express (CME) in your environment. 

With the pick up option, you can solve your problem. 

when the phone is ringing and you want to get it to your ip phone, just go to 

more -->PickUp   or more -->  Intercept after that, you have to enter the extension of the ringing phone. 

let us assume that. 

an incoming call arrive to 101 extension. 

your extension is 105. 

onto your ip phone go to more --> pickUp and enter 101 extension, you will be directly connected to the incoming number. 

try and let us know. rate if helpful  and marked as correct if correct. 

Regards,

This worked!  Thatnks for your help

Hello Christine,

you have to mark my answer as correct and close this case. 

You are most welcome,