Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT email notification via Office 365

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer is using Office 365 as an email server, and I cannot get the Email notification work:

Based on icrosoft, Server settings are as below:

IMAP Server Settings
Setting IMAP (incoming) SMTP (outgoing)
Server Name outlook.office365.com smtp.office365.com
Port Number 993 587
Encryption Method SSL TLS

CUCM server is able to ping outlook.office365.com and cmtp.office365.com ( means DNS has no issue)

And Also I have configured the below account:

RTMT_Admin@customerdomian.com

In the RTMT, email server configuration,  I have added smtp.office365.com (port 587), did not work, then I added outlook.office365.com (port 993), did not work either, there is no document nor discussion around it on the net!, just wondering if someone has done it already?

Thanks,

HM

4 Replies 4

Do one thing, try to configure local SMTP relay server in your LAN using windows IIS. Then point your RTMT notifications to that server. This server can connect to O365. I got this configuration working.

I didn't manage to get direct notification to O365 and my MS Admin wasn't able to findout why

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your reply, basically there is no document on this over the net which is Odd!!

Anyway, What i did is on RTMT>config mail server add

mail server: ip address of the Relay server

Port:25

Account: RTMT_Admin@domain.com.au

And configured the Relay as per below document:

http://www.everonit.com/techtips/techtips/how-to-set-up-an-smtp-relay-for-use-with-office-365/

Is there any trick or missing point?

Thanks,

Hamed

Yes. This should do the job

I did packet capture and I can see that email comes to the relay, but apparently does not get to the office365.Need to check my Relay configuration.

Thanks,

Hamed