Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Jabber From A Thumb Drive

Does anyone know what files are needed to run Jabber for Windows 10 from a thumb drive.  This is a school environment and would like to be able to provide staff with a thumb drive and headset and they be ready to go.

I am trying to avoid having to installing on their laptops and the issues with administrative rights on the machines.

Thanks

Robert

5 Replies 5

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear robert.thomas@nn.k12.va.us ,

You will need to go to Cisco.com and considering that you have a CCO Account you should go to downloads and download the latest Cisco Jabber for Windows Install file:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284324806/type/284006014/release/12.9(0)?catid=280789323

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

AFAIK you can’t do what you ask for.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I was trying a few things over the weekend and discovered if simply copy everything from ProgramData/Cisco Systems and Program Files (x86)/Cisco Systems to a directory on a Thumb Drive you are able to run the program without installing on the hard drive. This may not be the best way of doing thing, it works.

Thanks,

Robert

Its not possible. Jabber installs other drivers like CDP etc to get it
working. There is no light version so far.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Mohammed,

I was trying a few things over the weekend and discovered if simply copy everything from ProgramData/Cisco Systems and Program Files (x86)/Cisco Systems to a directory on a Thumb Drive you are able to run the program without installing on the hard drive. This may not be the best way of doing thing, it works.

Thanks,

Robert