cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Calling Party Caller ID Identical for Local and International Numbers

joecarval
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem that I think can only be solved by my carrier, but I wanted to post here just in case I am missing something.

Here is the (made-up) example:

• I have a 10.5 CUCM/CUBE system in Portland with numbers in the 458 area code.
  • When I receive a call from a local Portland number (say +1 458 123 4567) the calling party number comes in as <sip:4581234567>
  • When I receive a call from Denmark (say +45 81 23 45 67) the calling party number also comes in as <sip:4581234567>

Since this is a SIP trunk I believe there is no way for me to determine if the call is National or International using the call type.  Other than telling my carrier to send me the numbers in a different format, is there any way I can differentiate one of these calls from the other?

Is it reasonable for me to ask my carrier to add a prefix to the calling party for international calls?  (Change international calls to come in as <sip:0114581234567> for example.)

1 Reply 1

I believe your question to your ITSP is very sensible. They need to send you the calling number in different format for international calls to be well distinguished from national calls.

In your scenario I don't think there is away to distinguish between national calls for Portland and International calls from Denmark.