Views
Helpful
Replies

Soft Phone Register through Internet but No Voice

sal_jam82
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts

Once again i am in stuck in strange scenario i put real IP on my call manager and successfully register my softphone to the subscriber and also able to make calls to the extension register through the LAN of my company but here no voice in the call either end ..... is any one going through the such scenario before is any one have experience to deal with such kind a of deployments please help its urgent for your reference below is picture.

Call flow in black give me immediate busy tone when i dial any GSM number.

Call flow in Green rings the desire extension but when user pick the call no audio either side .

please help

tel.jpg

Hope to listen from you guys sooner

7 Replies 7

Hi,

Try ping from softphone IP to the internal Phone IP both sides, if not pingable, it is the the cause of the silent issue

Also please capture debug isdn Q931 and debug vtsp dsp all from the gw while you are making a call

It seem also connectivity issue between your softphone and the gw IP

Regards

Haitham

Hi Hytham

Thanks for yours reply..

Hytham during the analysis i found that when i register the two extensions from the same internet provider its works fine ...... but when i register two extensions from different provider or one extension from inside(behind natting device) and one is on internet the bells ring but again no sound i personally think the issue is routing between two parties as my provider using MPLS tunnells and they assigns private IP to the end user like 10.100.X.X which become the source of audio for softphones and hence the another party not able to route for this address (10.100.X.X).

So after having successfull call when two parties are register through the same provider its sure there is not any dsp resources outage.

Do let me know if you have any confusion.

Dear

If your extension is registered , you have firewall and  check that the RTP signalling are passed through the ISP and UDP port 2000 is ok  check the use ports to allow voice call.

thank you

Thanks Mr. Islam

but as i told before i can make call with voice successfully when i register the two extension through the same provider, so its show that provider is not blocking anything but there may be issue in between me and provider.

I just need to know what will be the next step to do further troubleshooting.

Regards

Salman

As you  told Salman , you now find the problem which i told you before

The issue is you are not able to ping the internal ip add from outside. So no path for rtp traffic between the two end points.

You make successfull call between 2 outside parties cause they both reachable to each other

So you can check natting the internal ips to real and try again and let us know the results

Regards

Haitham

Yes Haitham its expected to be like this but i am trying to guess my provider network is he using natting to translate the private within the tunnell to real ip like when on the internet extension i check for the IP assigned by the provider is equal to the private IP like 10.100.X.X but when from same computer i check the assigned IP on web's like whatismyip.com i found its 87.109.X.X some real IP but i cannot ping this IP may be the ICMP block ...???? i try to naattt my traffic but some wierd result come infront let me try again and i will let you know.

by the are you the same Haitham who works in Cisco TAC in present or past ?????

Regards

Salman

no

Regards