Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Star code ATA191 not working

Hi all

I got a problem now I using ATA 191 but my analog phone(See attach) not working when I used star code follow below

Transfer a Call from Your Analog Phone >> not working I got busy tone

Make a Conference Call from Your Analog Phone >>> not working can't make conference

Host a Meet-Me Conference on Your Analog Phone >>> not working (Create room id already on cucm)

Reference

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/191/english/user-guide/at91_b_ata191-user-guide-for-cucm/at91_b_ata191-user-guide-for-cucm_chapter_010.html#task_D344418DEB3FC6AEF3640BD0BF34141E

ATA 191 >>> 12-0-1-29

CUCM >>> 12.5.1.10000-22

Do you have any idea maybe I miss something please support me

Thank you

7 Replies 7

I set up to follow below 

Transfer a Call from Your Analog Phone >> flash button >> #90 4700#  

not working I got busy tone

Make a Conference Call from Your Analog Phone >>>

not working can't make conference

Host a Meet-Me Conference on Your Analog Phone >>>flash button >> **5  9000# 

second extension can't join hear busy tone (Create room id already on cucm)

Hi,

Are your dtmf digits from analog phone working fine. You can test this by
make a test call to an IVR number such as bank or call center. Check what
dtmf method is selected for the voip part.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Mohammed 

from reference cisco feature redial  >> Dial * then #  it works   

Thank you 

Anybody have any idea ?

Have you verified what @Mohammed al Baqari asked you about?

Response Signature

Hello Roger

It works fine when called to bank or call center.

Thank you

David30
Level 1
Level 1

HI Nattapong...

Are you able to use the 'recall' button on your 'phone during an active call?  If configured correctly AND supported by your VoIP service provider (*), this should place the active call on hold and play music to the other party while switching your end of the call back to the ATA so you can dial a third party or pick up a waiting call.

I believe the SPA-series have a firmware bug whereby the minimum & maximum times allowed for a hook-flash / recall signal were handled as minutes rather than seconds, so the default values of 0.1 and 0.9 map internally to 6 sec and 54 seconds!  I found values of 0.005 (min) and 0.05 (max) (i.e. 0.3 sec and 3 sec) work fine, though the latter is really too high.

This bug was corrected in the ATA191, so if an SPA configuration which works is ported to an ATA device these values must be changed back.

The next possible issue is that the 'recall' button on telephones which conform to European standards (e.g. Uniden phones common in Australia) usually give a fixed-length pulse of about 100mS (0.1 sec) which is right at the bottom of the recommended range.  This problem can usually be tested by operating the hang-up switch manually for longer: if that works but the 'recall' button doesn't, then I suggest using 0.05 sec (50mS) as the minimum.

This is rather a long-winded reply, but perhaps it will be useful to others too.

(*)  Your ISP must allow more than one incoming call concurrently, since both the held party and the third party are handled by the ATA.

These vertical-service functions are really worth having IMO.  Try ring-back which allows a user to camp-on an engaged party; the ATA polls that number and gives three short rings when they're free, then obligingly dials the number when the caller's handset is picked up.