Views
Helpful
Replies

Telephony on cisco 4000 ISR

samuelogalli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Since CCP was retired if I am to implement Telephony on the ISR 4000 series is there a replacement or will i have to do all configuration via CLI? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Telephony on Cisco Routers with SIP phones is consistently CLI-based. The GUI for the CME (router-based IPT) was exclusively available with SCCP phones.

The CCP served as the GUI for router configurations but was not utilized for CME configurations. To my knowledge, the GUI for CME was different.

Additionally, the ISR4000 series has announced its End of Life (EOL). It is advisable to consider the 8200 or 8300 series routers for your CME requirements

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Telephony on Cisco Routers with SIP phones is consistently CLI-based. The GUI for the CME (router-based IPT) was exclusively available with SCCP phones.

The CCP served as the GUI for router configurations but was not utilized for CME configurations. To my knowledge, the GUI for CME was different.

Additionally, the ISR4000 series has announced its End of Life (EOL). It is advisable to consider the 8200 or 8300 series routers for your CME requirements

Response Signature