cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Server upgrade

Mark Verwey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new task to upgrade my current UCS servers that host CUCM, CUC, UCCX, and Presence to the newest UCS servers because they have reached EOL/EOS with Cisco TAC.  I understand that I will have to get with the licensing team once I am done so that I can rehost the licenses for all servers.  I'm also not that worried about the subscribers as I can just install them fresh and have them replicate from the Publisher.  However, I don't want this evolution to take a month to complete (a different story different time).  If I do a DR backup off the old server then restore to the new server how will I handle the change of the MAC on the new publishers of each of these servers. Also, because of bad past experience attempting to use DR backups to restore from I don't really have a good feeling this will be successful.  Can anyone offer a better solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the VMs and move them to the new host, or if you have vCenter, shut them down, and vMotion them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the VMs and move them to the new host, or if you have vCenter, shut them down, and vMotion them.

HTH

java

Don't have vCenter and have never moved a server only made a snap shot of a server in case I screwed something up.  I'm assuming there is a way to make a copy on a VM without vCenter, move it off that host and onto another one.  Is this what you are saying?

yes

HTH

java

thanks for the quick response, one more question.  What happens to the change in the MAC's?  The license MAC isn't a big deal I don't think but all the other MAC's change as well don't they?