Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.6 Directory Handler

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

In Unity 8.6 will a Voice Enabled Directory Handler search on First Name, Last Name, Both or either?  I have one set up but it is not finding the names when I speak them.

All replies rated.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The search criteria and settings required for the users are explained below;

Voice Enabled

(For Unity Connection systems with the voice-recognition option only). For this type of directory handler, callers say the first name and last name of the Unity Connection user that they want to reach, or enter an extension by saying the individual digits in the extension. In addition to searching by first and last name, the voice directory handler includes alternate names in searches. Callers can narrow down the search by saying the name and city or department of the user (or both) if these fields are defined on the Edit User Basics page in the user profile.

Unity Connection users who are listed in the directory are available to outside callers as names that can be reached. Administrator-defined contacts are only available to Unity Connection users who are signed in to Unity Connection, and user-defined contacts are only available to the Unity Connection users who defined them.

Note that for this type of directory handler, users cannot be accessed using directory handlers unless they have a display name specified and the List in Directory check box is checked for them on the User Basics page.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag070.html#23563

Cheers!

Rob 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The search criteria and settings required for the users are explained below;

Voice Enabled

(For Unity Connection systems with the voice-recognition option only). For this type of directory handler, callers say the first name and last name of the Unity Connection user that they want to reach, or enter an extension by saying the individual digits in the extension. In addition to searching by first and last name, the voice directory handler includes alternate names in searches. Callers can narrow down the search by saying the name and city or department of the user (or both) if these fields are defined on the Edit User Basics page in the user profile.

Unity Connection users who are listed in the directory are available to outside callers as names that can be reached. Administrator-defined contacts are only available to Unity Connection users who are signed in to Unity Connection, and user-defined contacts are only available to the Unity Connection users who defined them.

Note that for this type of directory handler, users cannot be accessed using directory handlers unless they have a display name specified and the List in Directory check box is checked for them on the User Basics page.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag070.html#23563

Cheers!

Rob 

Thanks Rob,

I have a situation where they want to search by 1st name only.  I changed the Display name to a single name only and it does not find a match.  I changed the display name back to First and Last name and it matches.

Anyway to get this to match on the 1st only?