Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5 swapping mailbox users

ra_to
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have several users that will be swapping positions, and am looking for a graceful way to have each take over the other person's mailbox.

So, let's say I have 6 people. User 1 takes over the mailbox for user 2, and user 2 takes over the mailbox for user 3, etc. until finally user 5 takes over the mailbox for user 6.

So far, since things are LDAP integrated, I was thinking we could rename the AD accounts, but that inserts an overhead for user files and desktops. I was also considering keeping each mailbox as is and sending the voicemails to another extension, but this may be prohibitive because of the number of voicemails in each mailbox. I'd appreciate some insight or suggestions on implementing this.

2 Replies 2

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I am not sure COBRAS can do this. But appreciate if you could test it and let me know

Moving One or Several Users Between Networked Unity Connection Locations

Note

The information in this section is not applicable to Cisco Business Edition.

To move users with voice mailboxes between Cisco Unity Connection locations (where a location represents either a server or cluster on the network), you use Cisco Object Backup and Restore Application Suite (COBRAS) Hot Mode. Hot Mode moves the user profile information and the user mailbox (including all new and saved voice messages, but not including deleted voice messages, receipts, faxes or email messages) from the source location to the target location. In the process, information about the moved users is modified on both the source and target locations, and when replication is complete, all locations in the site or organization are appropriately updated. To use Hot Mode, both the source and target locations must be running Unity Connection, and the locations must be networked via intrasite or intersite networking.

Hot Mode is designed to be used on a single user or a small group of users at a time. Compared to COBRAS Briefcase Mode, Hot Mode has the advantage of preserving relationships between objects (for example, the private distribution lists of a user and personal call transfer rules that reference the user being moved are updated automatically to point to the new location). However, Hot Mode moves can be slow. If you need to move large groups of users or migrate servers and are not concerned about preserving such relationships, consider using the COBRAS Briefcase Mode method explained in the Migrating Users Between Unity Connection Locations section. If you are concerned about preserving such relationships, split large groups of users into small batches when using Hot Mode.

To use Hot Mode, download the latest version of COBRAS, and view training videos and Help at http:/​/​www.ciscounitytools.com/​Applications/​General/​COBRAS/​COBRAS.html.

Caution

Before moving users, read the COBRAS help file and the COBRAS Hot Mode for Unity Connection to Unity Connection help file carefully and thoroughly.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to test, but thanks for the info.