Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsupported licenses on Cisco PLM version 10

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing problem that PLM on CUCM 10 is telling me that my type of licenses are unsupported.

I'm resolving it with TAC, but they are really slow and ...hmm... incompetent or whatever.

I think I have found problem but I would like to ask if you faced same problems.

We have bought NFR Kit and installed CUCM 10. When I have got license from Cisco licensing pages and uploaded, everythiong was fine till I look to Dashboard where was message

"Some license types installed on this Cisco Prime License Manager are not supported by this version. Upgrade to the latest version of Cisco Prime License Manager."

If I have look to logs I have found

2014-04-01 17:52:11,669 ERROR [Sap-3] LicSource - Unsupported entitlement tag found: CER_User:10.0
2014-04-01 17:52:11,670 ERROR [Sap-3] LicSource - Unsupported entitlement tag found: CUC_CUWLProfessional:10.0
2014-04-01 17:52:11,670 ERROR [Sap-3] LicSource - Unsupported entitlement tag found: UCM_CUWLProfessional:10.0
2014-04-01 17:52:11,670 ERROR [Sap-3] LicSource - Unsupported entitlement tag found: UCM_TelePresenceRoom:10.0

How can I upgrade to the latest version of PLM when I already have it? frown

Also I have found that license requested from CUCM is names as "Enhanced (10.x) - Unified CM" but in Fullfilment file are items named "CUWLProfessional (10.0)" or "CUWL Professional (10.0)".

On my production CUCM (not NFR) I have in fullfilment license named as "10.x"

Does it mean that 1 character in file content make my CUCM unlicensed? Shouldn't Cisco fix those problems?

Also TAC is telling me that liceses are correct, but "No, they aren't".

2 Replies 2

pro4ianyc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  Bought BE6000 10x which came with BE6000 9x.  Just used the PUT tool to upgrade CUCM & CUC to 10.0.  Just checked my Prime License Manager and I'm seeing the same message -

"Some license types installed on this Cisco Prime License Manager are not supported by this version. Upgrade to the latest version of Cisco Prime License Manager."

I think the problem is that 10x PLM doesn't recognize my BE6K-START-UWL25 's CUC & SpeechConnect licenses.  

If I go to Licenses > Fullfillment, I see the following.  

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

I have resolved problem with Cisco Licensing Team. They had bug in licensing tool. Now all licenses are OK.