cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User can not be heard if someone calls her while she is in office but if she connects by vpn at home it works fine

Anthony Hood
Level 1
Level 1

The user is set up using ip communicator.  While she is at the office, she can make calls and be heard normally but if she receives calls, she can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear her.  This does not happen when she is connected by VPN from home.  Any insight as to what can cause this?  Also the problem seems to be focused solely at one office. We have 3 locations and if someone calls her extension from a different office functionality is normal.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it happening on internal, external or both calls?

One way audio is typically due to IP routing issues, so make sure that the IP addresses (VLANs) that participate in this call flow have proper routing between them both ways.

Both, but only within the same office, like any calls going to her externally she can not be heard by the caller, but she can hear them.  Anyone calling from office A(her main office) same issue, however she can call both externally and internally just fine if she places the call, and office B calling office A works just fine too.  Also did the double "?" during a call and when the she is being called issue applies, she is both sending and receiving packets.

Hi,

As Chris mentioned, this can be an issue with routing or firewall rules incase you have a firewall policy between voice gateway and her PC.

During the problem, share the output of 'show call activ voice brie' from the voice gateway and 'show voip rtp conn' ' sh sccp conn'

Share the same output when call is working.

would anyone be able to walk me through how to do that ? i am relatively new to the cisco systems

Send me your Skype id on private to add you and will take it from there

sent an email