Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex calling routing

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi guys 

we had an issue routing to webex calling to our on prem cucm via the trunk.

we could not dial webex users from our cucm via the trunk, but we could dial the same numbers from webex to cucm.

i added a route to the source number from webex to point back over the cucm via the trunk and now it works from cucm to webex.

does webex need to know the route pattern of the source to be able to complete the call?

ive never seen this before.

3 Replies 3

There are things in your post that seems to be contradictory. Initially you said this “but we could dial the same numbers from webex to cucm”, then you said “i added a route to the source number from webex to point back over the cucm via the trunk and now it works from cucm to webex.”.

How would you be able to call to a number in CM initially without having a Dial Plan element configured in WxC? The only way that would work is if the call is sent via the PSTN service set for the location where the client in WxC is located. Also how would you be able to have the same number on both sides as you seem to state in the bold part of the first quote? If the number exists in WxC it would not come that far in the call stack for it to route to something outside of WxC. So it would not be possible for you to make that call reach CM, neither via PSTN or a LGW.

Are you sending called and calling numbers from CM to WxC in +E.164 format? If not from what I understand WxC would need to have a Dial Plan element to match the calling number.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Apologies if i incorrectly laid out the issue,

in a clearer way, say my source number in cucm is 24091991 and I’m dialling 6400 which resides in WebEx, the question is, do I need to add a route on the WebEx side to be able to receive a call from 24091991 in WebEx?

I didn’t think this would be needed in voice,  similar to a router needing a route back to the source.

My advice would be to reformat the calling number from 24091991 into +E.164 format. If you don’t you’ll need a ESN Dial Plan configuration in WxC so that it can match the calling number against something coming from a LGW.

Response Signature