cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best practice for voicemail migration?

Hello Tech Gurus,

Am looking into a way to migrate our customer voicemail where their voicemail is on NME-CUE module. They want to migrate their voicemail's configurations, licenses and related (to SRE module) and I would like to know what is the best practice or guidelines that I can refer to.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

I was seeing the DOC  which says that 

Cisco supports transfer of CUE licenses, with some restrictions. Transfer is supported for CUE devices that are of the same type, for an RMA or in cases in which a license was wrongly installed. This process is not intended for transferring licenses from one generation to another (for example, from NM-CUE to NME-CUE, or from NME-CUE to SRE devices). Transferring a license is accomplished using a process called rehosting. The rehosting process transfers a license from one UDI to another by revoking the license from the source device and installing in a new device

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1101175

You can still speak to licensing team along with show license udi from SRE module along with old licenses details from NME-CUE fro rehosting.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

I was seeing the DOC  which says that 

Cisco supports transfer of CUE licenses, with some restrictions. Transfer is supported for CUE devices that are of the same type, for an RMA or in cases in which a license was wrongly installed. This process is not intended for transferring licenses from one generation to another (for example, from NM-CUE to NME-CUE, or from NME-CUE to SRE devices). Transferring a license is accomplished using a process called rehosting. The rehosting process transfers a license from one UDI to another by revoking the license from the source device and installing in a new device

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1101175

You can still speak to licensing team along with show license udi from SRE module along with old licenses details from NME-CUE fro rehosting.

regds,

aman