cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When one renews SmartNet do you go by "required" or "installed" quantity?

bbiandov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm hearing the most conflicting opinions on this: When one renews SmartNet support do you go by "required" or "installed" quantity which is shown in PLM?

Obviously if you're selling the SmartNet you would want to sell it on "installed" but is that true?

Thank you

~B

plm.png

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

looking at that screenshot, you have more installed licenses than required licenses, which means you can still add a whole bunch of physical phones to your system.

smartnet maintenance on the phones is more around replacement of physical phones, here in australia its around $7 per phone per year, its up to you to take that out. 

your most important support items is TAc SUPPORT ON your uc platforms itself. and the ability to do like firmware upgrades on phones.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

@Dennis Mink Hi we're not talking bare metal coverage here but rather entitlement for each of the device licensing groups:

LIC-UCM-11X-ENHP-A UC Manager-11.x Enh Plus Single User License
LIC-CUCM-11X-ENH-A UC Manager-11.x Enhanced Single User License
R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 Top Level SKU For 9.x/10.x User License - eDelivery
LIC-CUCM-11X-BAS-A UC Manager-11.x Basic Single User License
LIC-CUCM-11X-ESS-A UC Manager-11.x Essential User License
L-UCXN11-LIC-UPG Unity Connection 11.x, SW Feature License Add-ons
UNITYCN11-STD-USR One Unity Connection 11.x User - All user Features-eDelivery

Each of these part numbers is ordered with a quantity - my question was which quantity that is? Installed or Required

It d be installed. because that represents the number of lics uploaded to your system. For instance, you upload 100 licenses to your cucm, and you configure 80 phones  (YES CONFIGURE) then the required column would say 80 and the installed column would say 100. if that makes sense, I know its confusing as. even Cisco themselves admit that ;-)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.