cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing and Managing CIMP properties

dkartio20
Level 1
Level 1

Am working on a application the will help in moving a user from one CUCM server to another, this includes all there CIMP information (buddy list, etc).

We use AXL to handle all the CUCM managed information, provisioning/deprovisioning of devices, etc.

But AXL does not access CIMP information, I have seen EPAS Soap being used, but am confused by that process, if that can be used.

To use EPAS, you need to log in as the intended user to get a proper session-key,  that is not an option for us, since the credentials are sync'ed with AD.

What is the best way to get to a user's contact list, extract that information, and import it a different server.

Also, how can you handle a user's CCMCIP group (adding and removing them to a group)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(Note as this question is mainly in regards to IM & Presence APIs, there is an IM&P question specific forum here: Unified Presence)

The EPASSoap API (aka 'Client Configuration Web Service') is probably what you want to look at.  This API can be used either with individual end-user credentials (requiring the user password) or by 'proxy' by loging in an 'application user' and then creating a session on behalf of an end-user (requiring only the user user id.)  From the section 'Login and Authentication':

The Client Configuration Web Service supports the following login scenarios:

The client application sends a username and password for an end user in the login request for

authentication, and Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence returns a unique session key for the

end user.

The client application logs in to Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence as an "application user"

using an application username and password. The client application can then log in an end

user by passing the session key for an application user, and the username for an end user

in the login request; a unique session key for the end user is returned.

Cisco DevNet: UC Manager IM & Presence APIs - Client Configuration Web Service - Latest Version

See also the info in the Login Request / Client-Type section for more info needed to implement the proxy login.

You should be able to use the lookup/get/add-contact requests from the API to accomplish the task.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(Note as this question is mainly in regards to IM & Presence APIs, there is an IM&P question specific forum here: Unified Presence)

The EPASSoap API (aka 'Client Configuration Web Service') is probably what you want to look at.  This API can be used either with individual end-user credentials (requiring the user password) or by 'proxy' by loging in an 'application user' and then creating a session on behalf of an end-user (requiring only the user user id.)  From the section 'Login and Authentication':

The Client Configuration Web Service supports the following login scenarios:

The client application sends a username and password for an end user in the login request for

authentication, and Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence returns a unique session key for the

end user.

The client application logs in to Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence as an "application user"

using an application username and password. The client application can then log in an end

user by passing the session key for an application user, and the username for an end user

in the login request; a unique session key for the end user is returned.

Cisco DevNet: UC Manager IM & Presence APIs - Client Configuration Web Service - Latest Version

See also the info in the Login Request / Client-Type section for more info needed to implement the proxy login.

You should be able to use the lookup/get/add-contact requests from the API to accomplish the task.

Thanks David.

I found this exact passage after posting this on the forums, and after some serious trial and error got this [semi] working.

We are currently trying to figure out how to automatically move all the user's IM roster [contact] list to a different CUCM cluster.

If you have any insight, I did ask this question in the Unified-Presence forum.

Thanks again for your help

Have you tried using <get-non-presence-aware-contacts> to get a full contact list from the old IM&P server, and then using <add-contact> (logging into the new IM&P server) to re-add..?

The <add-contact> does work fine (at times, see below).  Once we log in as an application user, then get a session-key for a particular user.

But the <get-non-presence-aware-contacts>, returns interesting results.  For the this userpic1.png

I get this return

pic2.png

For this user

pic3.png

I get this return

pic4.png

Just for clarification, the CUPS server is version 10.5.2 and I am calling the the epas:soap v80 extension.

BTW:  if I call the <add-contact> to the user that has 5 contacts and 1 watcher, I get the following error

pic5.png