cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL - getPhones for multiple phones at once

biZ
Level 1
Level 1

We're playing around with a little web dialler (click to call) for a directory of cisco extensions. I'm trying to determine the ip address of a phone with a line that is a particular pattern. The problem i'm having is that we have users that have their main line appear on others phones. I've tried a number of different ways to get the information I need and a lot of searching..

<soap:selectCmDevice> (RISPORT) returns the lines however they can be out of order, for example:-

<ns1:LinesStatus>

<ns1:item>

<ns1:DirectoryNumber>731763000</ns1:DirectoryNumber>

<ns1:Status>Registered</ns1:Status>

</ns1:item>

<ns1:item>

<ns1:DirectoryNumber>731768766</ns1:DirectoryNumber>

<ns1:Status>Registered</ns1:Status>

</ns1:item>

In this example, 731763000 is a shared line that is used by multiple phones on key 2, however it shows up first on some phones. It seems that the only way to get the actual index of the line is by doing a getPhone?

<lines>

<line uuid="{80B76A68-436E-683E-F0E8-8B6B4859D9BF}">

<index>1</index>

<omitted..>

</line>

<line uuid="{964FC816-74D0-D660-17DC-C723D9AF73E7}">

<index>2</index>

That is what i want, but i want to be able to do this in one request, for all phones. listPhone returns all phones, but not any information about the lines.

Is there any way to craft the getPhone soap request to get this info in one go for all phones?

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you describe how you will be launching the call, i.e. TAPI/JTAPI, IP Phone Services, etc.?

For your use-case, if you haven't looked at the WebDialer API, it might be helpful:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/webdialer/webdialer/

Hey Thanks dstaudt!

I will definitely check that out.  At the moment i'm doing an ipphoneexecute Dial:xxx to the phones which seems to work ok. The big problem we have with our setup is rarely is the account that is supposed to be a controlling a phone actually controlling it.  I Just wanted the user to enter either their directory number, (the issue above), or just the ip address at this point.  Authenticating to the web dialler will be an issue at the moment i'm guessing