Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL+programming : Why and for what are you using in UC enviroment

dimitrifeli7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have expertise with UC Cisco Products but I have never used AXL to do something useful for a customer.

I will start to be familiar with XML and C programming

I would like to know what type of things people are doing with AXL in conjuction with a script language , in order to retrive data from Call Manager and so on....

I would like to hear about the functions and features of your developed applications with AXL and so on.

My first Project that I would like to do with AXl and C for example it will be a Aplication that will retrive to me all configuration of the Call Manager of the customer .: the objective => AN ASSET in the CUCM .....( to retrive Partitions, CSS, Route Patterms, Traslations Pattern and son on ) ....It will be a large inventory to see the architecture that some customer implemented in order to improve or reconfigure the CUCM in order to follow some Global Architeture developed by me.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please refer the Administrative XML (AXL) Developer Cookbook which will help you to get started.

Here is the URL - https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/management/axl/learn/axl-developer-cookbook/index.gsp

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Tieying
Level 1
Level 1

AXL provides most of features of CUCM administration web console, and the vice versa. I can see several uses from customers.

First is to build a full feature administrator platform to replace the CUCM original one. But there are very few customers will do it. Only when they need the admin console to be compatible with their old system, either the same look and feel, or the old work flows.

Second is partial integration. For example, the customer has deployed HR/ERM systems before. They need publish users and phones information from the existed systems to CUCM. The admin don't need to create user/device/phone on CUCM manually, they create user in HR/ERM, and the info will be synchronized to CUCM automatically. The similar cases are to integrated with other call control system. Cisco UCCX create CTI Route Points/Ports via AXL interfaces.

Third is to get deploy information from CUCM. The info can be used in monitoring, statistic, alerting or any other usages.

AXL is a very important APIs of CUCM, and it's un-replaceable right now.