cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a mapping between AXL fields and CUCM GUI fields ?

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I want to automatize some operations and for that I need to get the mapping between the AXL field and the translated fields in Cisco GUI.

For example, on the device mobility info, for the field "subNetMaskSz" I need to get "Subnet Mask (bits size)".

Is there a simple way to get the translation ?

Thanks,

Fabien

7 Replies 7

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately there is not any document that directly maps AXL elements to GUI fields.

Thank you for the answer. How does the translations are made in the CUCM ? Is there somewhere a properties file or something like that ?

Thanks,

Unless I misunderstand your question:

- UCM configuration info is stored in the onboard database

- The UCM admin web UI uses hand-written code and SQL queries to read/write from the DB

- The AXL API uses a different set of hand-written code and SQL queries to read/write from the DB

The design intent is for the web UI and AXL to reasonably line-up (for the most part) with regards to the types of objects, operations, parameters, etc., available; however there is no distinct or directly documented mapping between the two interfaces. 

Thanks for the answer.

In fact the question is more "how translations are stored in the CUCM server?". Is there a properties file that contains them? Are they stored in the database? The idea is to be able to access using a java request if I know the key.

Regards,

Fabien

Are you referring to language localization of the UC Manager admin web pages..?

Are you looking to get a list of 'locales' available on the system for phones?

I mean on the UC Manager admin web page. Are the pages translated in hard or the translations stored somewhere that I can retrieve them ?

Thanks,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of how the UCM admin UI locales are implemented/stored, and this does not appear to be documented.  Some other localized parts of the system - for example phone locales - utilize files stored in the UCM TFTP system.  Browsing the TFTP system (in UCM OS Administration pages) may turn up something interesting...

Can you describe the use-case/requirement you are trying to satisfy?