Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues While Downloading Recorded Sessions Using MediaSense

Hi all,

Hope you all will be fine. I have two very simple questions. I actually wants to download the sessions that I recorded using mediaSense.

1. Firstly, I converted the recorded session that was in RAW form to mp4 using Convert Session API. My First question is that as this API call is deprecated, so, now how we can convert RAW form to any useful format so that we may listen the recording ?

2. Secondly, I am login in MediaSense Server with default port that is '8440' and the URL returned by Convert Session API call to play recordings contains port '8081'. And when with this Port I make call to download this mp4 recording, I get 401-Unauthorized error. Can anybody guide me that what I am doing wrong ? or Simply how I can download the recorded session as I have gotten URL of mp4 format too of that session ? How I can authenticate myself to use this URL ?

Thanks in Advance :-)

dlender jwolf

27 Replies 27

Took me a bit to track this thread down. I'll see if I can get Quick Time working & provide any useful input.

Hi Bilal,

I read the replies of you earlier. I am not sure which version of VLC player you used for playing the RTSP url. Can you

please use VLC version 1.1.11 to play the G711 alaw and G711u law audio recordings for mediasense 9.1.

Thanks and regards,

Prateek Nijhawan

Hi Nijhawan,

I am using 9.1 version of MediaSense. I have tried with the VLC Player (version 2.1.3 - Rincewind) too but couldn't stream active session. I have added the details of my working and errors I got while trying with VLC Player in this cisco community thread:  Issues While Downloading Recorded Sessions Using MediaSense

P.S. I want to use QuickTime Player because VLC Player play one of the two audio streams at a time.

Thanks for your Time and assistance.

Hi Bilal,

Which audio codec are you using for the recording?

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek

pnijhawa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bilal,

Did you try with VLC version 1.1.11  to play the G711 alaw and G711u law audio recordings ? I didnt hear back anything from you regarding the codec as well .

Please let us know if you need any help in this.

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek

Hi pnijhawa

I appreciate your efforts in resolving my this issue.

1. Currently I ma using VLC (version 2.1.3 - Rincewind). As you said that I should try VLC version 1.1.11. I download this and make experiments and let you know the results.

2. Secondly, I don't have too much Info regarding codec schemes. But, I know that

Cisco MediaSense recording sessions using the following codec options:

Audio recordings: g.711 (aLaw or mu-Law), g.722, or g.729 (a/b) codecs

Video recordings: h.264 baseline codecs (with 48K Hz audio sampling rate only)

And I want to stream Audio Recordings.

P.S. I want to avoid using VLC Player as It can stream just single track at a time. Thus, We can listen just single track at a time while Quick Time Plays both at the same time. I try with VLC version 1.1.11, and share my findings regarding this.

Thanks for your Time and Assistance

Dear Nijhawan,

I really need your help

I have a Cisco Mediasense the search and play is showing only the last 100 records, I need to download or play all old records how can i do that

Thanks in advance

Hi Juha,

Can you please let me know the which version of mediasense are you using as there was defect around this which got fixed.

CSCun26032 is the defect id and it got fixed in 10.5.

And a workaround to it you can use advance search specific to lesser time interval.

Regards,

Prateek

HI

it's 9.1.1 , what i need is to play or download or records

Hi,

Depending upon the api you can increase it to max of 1000 by using the limits and Offset parameter.

You can check mediasense developer guide 9.1 for it.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/911/Dev_Guide/dev_guide_fo…

Regards,

Prateek

Hi,

Thanks but how to apply it, is it ssh to the serve then type a command or something else

Thanks,

I think it's not possible

please check below

Embedded Search and Play Application

This is an introductory version of the tool, and you may find its capabilities somewhat limited. For example, combination searching (searching

by two or more criteria at the same time) is not yet supported, and no query can return more than 100 rows. As a result there are some cases

where you will not be able to find a particular recording.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/911/srnd/cms911srnd.pdf

So is it final or there is another way to extend

Hi Juha,

I thought you are using the api. In search and play its not possible . You can try to do a specific search with reduced time interval which can be a workaround.

In order to check more than 100 records, CSCun26032 is the defect id and it got fixed in 10.5.

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek