cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 - Swapping CLI and DNIS values.

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

I am running ACS 5.2 (more detail below) eval demo version for a proof of concept and noticed an oddity.. It appears that if you create a Endstation Filter and click the CLI/DNIS tab, click Create and then click DNIS and enter your info ex: *coolssid and hit submit it shows everything correctly, but if you go back and edit it. it swaps them.

Version : 5.2.0.26
Internal Build ID : B.3075.EVAL

If you have the webex recording viewer you can watch the little Webex Recording I did showing the steps and the issue.

Hopefully someone has an answer or Cisco can fix this bug.

Thanks,

Kayle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kayle, I would say that this should be a bug. I did not see any existing bug addressing this issue.

Can you open a TAC case to report it?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kayle, I would say that this should be a bug. I did not see any existing bug addressing this issue.

Can you open a TAC case to report it?

aneelaka
Level 1
Level 1
I recreated the issue with permanent license on my : Cisco Secure ACS Version : 5.1.0.44, it wokred fine for me, could you be an issue specific to ACS5.2

hello - i'm having the same issue with acs 5.2.0.26 build B.3075.EVAL. i upgraded from 5.1 and the endstation filters i created under that version work fine in 5.2 - its just any new filters that i create in 5.2 that have this problem. i've tried duplicating the working filters but this doesn't work either. is there a work around for the DNIS/CLI swap issue in 5.2?

thanks

andy

worked it out. if i create an endstation filter and enter what i want for the DNIS in the CLI field - the ACS swaps them round so i end up with the filter i wanted.

cheers

andy

Apparently it is a bug!!

There is a bug for this:

CSCtk16271: ACS5: CLI DNIS values switch columns when Submit is clicked

It is resolved in ACS cummulative patch 5.2.0.26.5 that can be downloaded from CCO

Note there are cumulative patches produced for ACS 5.2 and latest one available is patch 6 so if decide to install I recommend to take the latest patch

Hello,

Appearently there is a known workaround for this bug as well.

Can someone please tell me what the workaround is?

I need to fix some policies because an upgrade will require a change request, which may take some time.

Thoughts?

Christian J. Estes, CWNE# 85

Christian J. Estes, cwne #85, cciew #42615

Hello Cisco Experts,

I just opened a TAC case on this issue.

I backed the patch off my ACS and discovered that IF you type the *ssid01 value into the CLI field as documented in the workaround and hit submit, it places the value in the DNIS field.

Interestingly, if you open the DNIS field using EDIT and then hit submit again it swaps the value back into the CLI field. You can continue to play this game to your hearts content. Fortunately, when it makes it's way into the DNIS field by way of the CLI field, it at least works by design.

Thanks to Sam Hertica and Srikant in the AAA TAC for pointing this out in time...    Any idea how to specify the SSID without using an End Station Filter?

What is the procedure for doing it via Airspace VSA's?

How interesting.

Christian J. Estes, CWNE# 85

Christian J. Estes, cwne #85, cciew #42615

Assuming you are still on ACS 5.2 would recommend installing a patch to get resolution for this

Pathc 5 for 5.2 includes the following fix

- CSCtk16271  ACS5: CLI DNIS values switch columns when Submit is clicked

Note latest patch for ACS 5.2 was patch 11. 5.2 is an old release. Latest shipping release is ACS 5.5