Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Versioning and Commands

kvramaiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

I have a few queries regarding Cisco ASA.

1. I came across vulnerability CSCvb19843 which mentions that the First Fixed Release is "9.6(2.1)", whereas the Release Notes for ASA does not talk about 9.6(2.1); it has details only till 9.6(2). Is 9.6(2.1) and 9.6(2) the same versions or is 9.6(2.1) an update for 9.6(2)?

2. Is there a way to view aaa-server key where authentication is through TACACS+? The command (below) I ran does not provide the key value!

aaa-server <server_group> host <ip_address> <key>

3. Is there a command to view the deadtime? I understand it can be set using the command reactivation-mode, but couldn't find a command to view its value!

Thanks, in advance!

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. ASA9.6(2.1) is an interim release. Interim release notes can be found under the software downloads only - not on the main product release notes page. you can find 9.6(2.x) interim release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280775065/135274/ASA-962-Interim-Release-Notes.html

2. Try the following command:

more system:running-config | i aaa-server

...to see the key in plain text. Otherwise you will only see the hashed value when doing "show run" commands.

3. I'm not sure if you can query the deadtime (apart from possibly doing a debug of the aaa susbsytem).

Thank you Marvin. I'll try out the commands.